Movies in 24fps

Roku2

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are movies shot in 24fps and not in 30 or 60fps? Wouldnt more fps result in more realistic images?

The effects of inter-frame judder are less noticeable than 24fps at 30 or 60fps...So why are studios using 24fps?

Movies shot at higher fps look more like plays, beautiful stuff... I think Peter Jackson is a supporter of higher fps film

Send a letter to him telling him your thoughts...

Peter Jackson
Weta Digital Ltd.
P.O. Box 15208
9-11 Manuka Street
Miramar
Wellington 6022
New Zealand

If you open up another browser tab, go to Google (if not using Chrome) and type in "why are movies shot in 24fps" there's a wealth of info. Basically 24fps is due to old times when film printing was expensive and it was the lowest you could go for "talkies". Silent films were lower.

If you open up another browser tab, go to Google (if not using Chrome) and type in "why are movies shot in 24fps" there's a wealth of info. Basically 24fps is due to old times when film printing was expensive and it was the lowest you could go for "talkies". Silent films were lower.
I was simply trying to start a nice conversation about it, not defining the meaning of 24fmp vs 30-60fpm.
I know what Google search has to offer, but what is YOUR personal opinion on this matter?

Why even having a discussion forum when you try to kill any attempt to create discussion simply based on the fact that the subject has been touched before?
Atmos has been discussed plenty, yet people are still creating discussion platforms about it
Not so much the topic, but the person (ie proven troll) instigating the so called discussion...

Focus on the topic, not the person starting the discussion.

Ok, let's focus on the topic. It's been done, use the search button. Moving swiftly on...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom