Problems with DVD4Music

Status
Not open for further replies.

barongreenback

Established Member
Reaction score
anyone else had problems with this site? I ordered the Keane SACD 2 months ago. Despite emails to chase, they have not had the good manners to even acknowledge my query, let alone tell me when I can expect my order.

Not impressed at all.

Thanks. I'd consider cancelling my order if only I could work out if they are actually bothering to read them. I have not since had a response to my third email and I would definitely not recommend using this supplier.

Yeah I had trouble with them also. Ordered 2 SACDS from them and took 3 months before I actually got them. Won't be using them again.

Damn! I placed an order with them a couple of weeks ago. I emailed them yesterday to chase the order up.
I guess it's best not to hold my breath for a reply.

I ordered a load of SACD's and DVD's from them a few weeks ago. I got them all (except one) in about two weeks. I'm guessing the Killers SACD I ordered isn't out yet but I can't be bothered checking at the mo.

I did mail them asking where they had got to about a week after I ordered and received no reply. More than happy with the one's I've got though :)

Wish i had seen this earlier . Now worried as I have just put order through paypal and absolutely no confirmation or contact from them .

Looks as if i won,t even be able to claim back through paypal because it was direct payment .

Tried phoning just get answer machine ************

does anyone have good report of them or dealt with them recently ???

Perhaps i am too suspicious ????

I have placed one order for one SACD with Dvd4music on Dec/27/2007. It was taking sometime to get it, I emailed the owner, he answered me, assured me the SACD was on order, only it would take them a long time to receive it and ship it. Finnaly I canceled my order. This was after a four month delay.

The owner aknowledged the cancelation promptly.

I have just sent him uptaded information on my new MC and also asked him about the refund, no answer. It has been two weeks since I cancelled my order already.

The owner name is Simon Draper.

I have seen posts in this forum and others complaining about long delays and orders not delivered from Dvd4music.

By contrast, I have bought my Denon DVD/SACD/DVD-A from Amazon, received it in less than one week. Very happy with it.

Also ordered one SACD from Amazon and one from Telarc, got both in one week or less.

I would like to get advice about where to complain about Dvd4music, I don't think is right just to let this guy keep doing things like this withouth taking any action.

Please feel free to add to this thread and/or to PM me, I would like to hear from others who had similar experience with them

THX.

I have placed one order for one SACD with Dvd4music on Dec/27/2007. It was taking sometime to get it, I emailed the owner, he answered me, assured me the SACD was on order, only it would take them a long time to receive it and ship it. Finnaly I canceled my order. This was after a four month delay.

The owner aknowledged the cancelation promptly.

I have just sent him uptaded information on my new MC and also asked him about the refund, no answer. It has been two weeks since I cancelled my order already.

The owner name is Simon Draper.

I have seen posts in this forum and others complaining about long delays and orders not delivered from Dvd4music.

By contrast, I have bought my Denon DVD/SACD/DVD-A from Amazon, received it in less than one week. Very happy with it.

Also ordered one SACD from Amazon and one from Telarc, got both in one week or less.

I would like to get advice about where to complain about Dvd4music, I don't think is right just to let this guy keep doing things like this withouth taking any action.

Please feel free to add to this thread and/or to PM me, I would like to hear from others who had similar experience with them

THX.

I have limited experience with DVD4Music, having only placed one order ever. I'm sorry though to hear your experiences.

I placed my first and only order so far on 23 July 2007, for a Metallica Black Album DVD-A. I waited several weeks before deciding to conatct the company, as the disc had not been delivered. I thought it fair to wait at least 2 weeks. I received a prompt reply from Simon Draper, explaining that it would tkae a bit longer. I could add a lot more to my story, but basically after waiting until early December 2007, I decided to cancel my order. All e-mails I sent (apart from one) were answered, and I received confirmation of the cancellation.

Are you absolutely sure that your credit card was charged, as I was never actually charged by DVD4Music, so it never came to me having to request a refund? All companies I deal with online don't charge until goods are actually despatched.

I'll happily provide more info if you'd like me to, but that's it in a nutshell. I know it shouldn't be necessary, but there is a postal address on the website.

Like you, I have only first class experiences with all the Amazons! This is where I buy nearly all of my SACDs and DVD-As.
:thumbsup:

Yes, I was charged. I keep all the monthly paper statements of my MC account.

I was charged $ 35.57 from dvd4music, and also a $ 1.06 translation fee. Original price in english pounds, at 17.90.

I also have all the emails I exchanged with Mr. Simon Draper.

I posted my order on Dec/27/2007, the transaction posting date is Dec/28/2007, one day later.

Showing up in my Jan 2008 statement.

Same problem for me order 10 discs was charged right away -ordered on March 23, 2008 - have received 3 discs to date.

Principals name is Simon Draper, email is [email protected] & phone # 00441664 561840

I not too impressed with the service to date so far either

Same problem for me order 10 discs was charged right away -ordered on March 23, 2008 - have received 3 discs to date.

Principals name is Simon Draper, email is [email protected] & phone # 00441664 561840

I not too impressed with the service to date so far either

Out of interest, Whistler. Are you based in the UK? Have you tried contacting Simon at the e-mail address you mentioned?

The reason I'm asking, is that dvd4music appears to charge some people immediately on placement of an order, and others later (presumably when a order is shipped). As you will see from my earlier post, I was never charged for my order. I've had a look over the website again over the last week, to see if I can see a policy regarding when they charge, but can't see a mention of it. I'm based in the UK, but know some others of you are not.

The other annoying/irritating thing is if communication is difficult. It wasn't for me, luckily, back last year when I placed and ultimately cancelled my order. Others of you though, are having problems with getting a satisfactory response to communications sent.

This is, at least in my experience, where Amazon scores highly. They may muck about with their prices in a weird way, but once you've placed your order, they'll keep you informed. They also don't charge before despatch - whether Amazon UK, US, Germany, France or Japan - I've bought from them all.

I have received a refund from dvd4music, including the translation fee.

THX.

DO NOT SHOP AT DVD4MUSIC!

Why ? Read all these postings and replies including mine.

I also tried to order something from DVD4MUSIC.
This was in january 2008.
I started of with an email asking for confirmation of a dvd-audio disc being 'in stock'. No reply. Since i did not find any other company selling it, i orderd it anyway. No order confirmation. Several emails. Some replied to some not.
It took me months to get my money back. And they ('Simon Draper') didnt even return the correct amount but it was close enough to 'get out while i could'.
Make up your own mind but i will never shop there again.

I will add my voice to those warning NEVER to use dvd4music.com. Ordered two titles, received one after a couple of weeks, still hadn't received the other months later. Am currently trying to get a refund - it's not easy. :mad:

I ordered a DVD-A last night and subsequently sent them 3 emails to confirm item was available. I received a reply stating that they have the title coming in every other week, which I highly doubt lol. I tried to be nice, asked to cancel the order until one was in stock and suggest that maybe their website should highlight what is actually in stock so as not to annoy potential customers. I also pointed out that posts on here were pretty negative and that it would be a good idea to try and resolve these types of issues as AVForums is a good site to be on the right side of (if you know what I mean) -here's the reply I got:-
we apreciate your comments but the fact is we either stop this service of sourcing rare titles which thousands of our customers appreciate or we will always get negative feedback from the guys who are just trying to make a buck out of us by ordering 2 - 5 copies and then moaning because we don't supply. Funny that many of the comments are followed by the fact that they have a spare copy of a very rare title for sale. Anyway, we will sort out this cancellation for you but unfortunately as we are charged by the bank for each transaction in & out we cannot arrange another copy for you when one comes in which by then will have been ordered by someone else of course
I did reply saying I'm not actually sure what he was trying to say but if he doesn't want to sell me a copy when he has one in then more fool him because I do like to spend money ;)

ho-hum..another black mark for dvd4music who have now been taken off my bookmarks for good.

Hi guys,

I made similar experiences with that "shop" as some of you reported, and still there is no refund for the DVD-A I ordered back in january 2008 :thumbsdow (which of course is "near to delivery" from day to day). Will that thief ever send me back the money? Who knows... :mad:

For those of you who want to call him, he once gave me his business phone number:
+441664565849
(the one Whistlerskibum mentioned is his number at home, but why not bother him there?)

I just wanted to bump this thread so anyone that's here won't be scammed by this idiot. If I'd googled that website beforehand I would've never used him. I'm at 1 month and counting on my order. I received 1 item. The other 120 bucks of stuff I ordered he apparently didn't have and now he's not responding to emails. STAY AWAY from DVD4MUSIC and the con artist that runs it. Thankfully I paid through paypal so maybe I'll get my money back.

B*gg*r! Why didn't I check here first! 10 days ago I ordered Beck -Sea Change SACD. Looking on-line at my credit card I noticed that I had been charged for the disc which was shown as "on order" on my account at DVD4MUSIC. Being a little bit nervous of such transactions I dedided to cancel. Last night (Sunday)I receive an email telling me that the disc would be available today or tomorrow but that my order would be cancelled. I replied, pointing out my concerns at being charged for something that he never even had in stock, but if he was receiving the disc I would happily take it. I got told "No, your order is cancelled". I will be keeping an eye on my refund and if it doesn't appear I will be contacting my credit card company and showing them the complaints listed here. Is this guy serious about his business or not? Personally I have learnt a lesson. Don't buy from DVD4MUSIC.

Hi All,

I received my refund fairly promptly so I have no complaints in that area. However, since Mr Draper indicated that the disc I was after was going to be available, I emailed to ask if it was worth my time re-ordering the item (this was prior to my reading this thread). I got a reply today where Mr Draper explained that since he had to pay to accept the use of my CC and again to refund it he would not accept a re-order from me! Like, he won't have to do the same from every order he gets from a customer! This guy is getting some weird kick out of being awkward. Personally I don't believe he has the disc I require and perhaps not half the stock he claims. Never again.

Damn - I also wish I had read this thread before ordering :mad:
Ordered Pixies: Bossanova SACD on December 6 as a Christmas present.
I obviously assumed it was in stock as the website didn't state otherwise.
On the 16th I was getting worried and asked if I was likely to receive the cd before christmas - this email was happily ignored.
It is now a month ago since I placed the order and no trace of the cd. A bit too late anyway. I requested a refund, so crossing my fingers he will manage that. Otherwise I'll do everything in my power to destroy his scamming business - hope you will all back me up:smashin:

Unfortunately, I too have fallen a little foul of these guys :mad:

Placed an order for a couple of SACD's on the 5th Dec, my card was charged in full on the 8th of Dec, online order status just showed "on order".

I mailed them a week or so later to enquire as to the status and received an email back from the saying they were expecting stock in that week.

Still no goods as of now, emailed a few days ago asking for an update, no reply.

Have just emailed again to cancel after reading these posts, hope I get my money back ok....

Hi all first time here. I am soo mad :mad:.
I to have been caught out by this company. I have emailed 3 times only got a reply to the 1st email.
I have been waiting 2 months now for my DVD which was to be a present for my husband :(.

I am reporting this sight to the Watch dog program and am wondering if you would mind if I include copies of some of your experiences?

This should not have been allowed to carry on for soo long.

Susan

Last edited by a moderator:
So it's not just me who's been scammed by this guy!!!!! :mad: I ordered a Reuben DVD from the DVD4music site wantin to get it my boyfriend for xmas. As all other sites had said it was out of stock I was really pleased to find they had it and seemingly "in" stock. Well it is now June and I have no DVD and am £26 out of pocket. I emailed in Jan and asked if there was ever going to be this DVD in stock, Simon said they get it in every week and i had to wait for it to be my turn on the list to get it,I asked to cancel the order in Feb, (a bit late for a xmas present by now.) He asked for my details and said the money would be payed back to me. I really don't hold out any hope of gettin my money back, I just wish I'd looked on here 1st before orderin and then I wouldn't have been conned!!!!
DO NOT TRUST SIMON DRAPER
I am more than happy for this to be on Watch dog. This guy needs to be stopped!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom