Lost dtv on my samsung tv

alantom

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi please can someone help for some reason i have lost dtv and free view on my samsung LE32B450 tv how do i reset or tune back in ?
thanks

Don't know anything about this TV, and this is off the top of my head - but are you quite sure you haven't just pressed the ATV/DTV button on your remote by mistake?

Don't know anything about this TV, and this is off the top of my head - but are you quite sure you haven't just pressed the ATV/DTV button on your remote by mistake?
hi thanks for reply but i don`t have a ATV/DTV BUTTON ?

Ive had a quick look at the download manual and you are right.there is no ATV/DTV button.

However.If you press menu,there should be an "Input" or "Source" options selection.One will be TV another DTV then the HDMI and other connections.
Obviously,you need to select DTV.

I wonder if The TV button on the top right of your remote selects this?

Good Luck,

K.

EPG is the Electronic Program Guide. You can access this by pressing the GUIDE button on the bottom row of the remote control.

Have you done anything to, or has anything happened to, your aerial or the cabling or have you moved the TV to another room, or got a new Sky box or....or....or - has anything AT ALL changed about your setup?

Have you ever seen the digital channels on this TV ? You may have to keep pressing the Channel UP button past the analogue channels until you can access the digital channels.

Have you ever seen the digital channels on this TV ? You may have to keep pressing the Channel UP button past the analogue channels until you can access the digital channels.
hi again the tv is in my bedroom second tv i can get sky on position A3 and it says (skspo ) but cant get free view ?

Also, since you say that you have Sky tuned in to ch 3, have you then made sure that there is an aerial connected to the Sky box RF IN downstairs?

sorry yes i have seen digital on this tv free view

But what about the question in post 17?
"..since you say that you have Sky tuned in to ch 3, have you then made sure that there is an aerial connected to the Sky box RF IN downstairs"

Because, if there is, the feed from RF 2 OUT would supply the aerial signal (required for Freeview) as well as the Sky signal you're getting on A3 (the analogue channel) on your TV.
You should also then be receiving the normal analogue channels BBC1/BBC2/ITV1/C4/FIVE - can you see these in analogue?

But what about the question in post 17?
"..since you say that you have Sky tuned in to ch 3, have you then made sure that there is an aerial connected to the Sky box RF IN downstairs"

Because, if there is, the feed from RF 2 OUT would supply the aerial signal (required for Freeview) as well as the Sky signal you're getting on A3 (the analogue channel) on your TV.
You should also then be receiving the normal analogue channels BBC1/BBC2/ITV1/C4/FIVE - can you see these in analogue?
yes can see those channels but poor quality ?

yes can see those channels but poor quality ?

If the normal analogue channels are poor the the chances (usually) of digital (Freeview) may be non-existent. So, we're probably getting nearer to the root of the problem but the question "have you then made sure that there is an aerial connected to the Sky box RF IN downstairs" remains unanswered.

What type of aerial are you using?
Check here for recommendation UK digital TV reception predictor

and have a read through here http://www.avforums.com/forums/freeview/826100-freeview-f-q-s.html

Try disconnecting the two aerial leads from the back of the Skybox and connect them directly to one another before running Plug & Play once more.

I had a friends Samsung TV that did exactly this last year. Had been working fine and then all of a sudden it lost all digital channels.

No amount of playing around would restore them and after a quick Google I found it was a known issue and the unit had to be reset to factory defaults through the service menu.

Tried that and it worked first time.

Not saying that's what the fault is here, but it sounds very similar.

did you ever get this sorted and if so, how? it's just happened to my tv and have tried restoring factory defaults but still nothing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom